Pages

Friday 17 September 2010

Famous by Sue Moxley

Hey Dolls :)
I was recently browsing in Superdrug with Mamma Carr when she started swatching loads of shadows in the Famous by Sue Moxley line. In all honesty I had never paid much attention to any of the Famous products but when I saw the beeee-utiful colours on the back of my mums hand I had to have a look. I picked up three shadows and honestly I can't stop looking at how pretty they are! The three I picked up are all shimmer colours, I wasn't particularly impressed with any of the matte shades. The shimmer shadows are unbelievably buttery soft. They blend like an absolute dream and also have beautiful contrasting colours running through - exactly my kind of shadow!


Shade 17





Shade 17 is a really lovely brown with a copper shimmer running through. I think this would look beautiful blended into the crease with a really neutral colour on the lid like naked from Urban Decay. It has an almost metallic appearance when you catch it in the right light.

Shade 14




Oh my days I love this shadow! What I love most about is the fact that it looks really quite dull in the pan - it isn't until it is swatched that you realise how lovely it really is. As you can see there's a really lovely purple shimmer running through the shadow with the base being a browny-plum.

Shade 12


This was the shadow that originally caught my eye - of course it's a purple! It has a beautiful electric blue running through the shadow - my favorite! I just could not get a good photo of shade 12 that shows the shimmer so here's a blurred one where you can see just how bright the blue is...

I am honestly so impressed with the quality of these shadows, they are only £4 each which I think is a great deal for how soft and pigmented they are. I should of said that each swatch is taken after only one swipe. There are also shadow quads for £9 that look beautiful which I want to go back and have a look at.

Have you tried any Sue Moxley products?

Love Nic

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. wow how gorgeous are those shadows!! Especially that last one! I've never thought about looking at Sue Moxley stuff but I think I may have to now. Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was exactly the same, I had always bypassed it! Have a wee peek the next time you're in! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a gorgeous Taupe Sue Moxley eyeshadow - you've inspired me to use it now haha!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I agree that Shade 14 doesn't appear to be very special in the pan but it is GORGEOUS swatched on your hand there! x

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!