Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

Lipstick Week Day 2: YSL Rouge Volupte Perle 'Celestial Mauve'

When I first started Magic's in the Make Up, YSL's Rouge Volupte lipsticks were everywhere - the packaging was beautiful, the formula glided on to the lips like no other and the colour range was excellent.  However, they are one of the worst lipstick formulas for longevity I have ever tried; a result of their exceptionally creamy consistency.  Enter the Rouge Volupte Perle in 'Celestial Mauve'.  Despite being less opaque than their Rouge Volupte cousins, the Volupte Perle formula seems to be a longer lasting and a lot glossier.  I have a couple of the other darker shades and they all leave a beautiful stain to the lips once the initial shine has worn down.


'Celestial Mauve' (LE) is not the easiest shade to wear and it took me a while to play about with the application.  I initially applied it quite opaquely on the lips and the finish was a little unflattering and streaky.  I've found the best way to apply 'Celestial Mauve' is to apply an opaque layer and, using my finger, gently pat the product into my lips.  This avoids the formula from streaking and helps diffuse the strong lilac undertones which can sometimes look a little harsh, instead leaving behind a beautiful, baby pink finish.



Love Nic
xx

2 comments:

  1. Ohh such a pretty shade! And YSL packaging is just stunning! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y.S.L lipsticks have the most beautiful packaging of all! x

      Delete

I do love a good comment!