Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

Favourite Cult Beauty Products

Hello :)

Like me, you probably spend a lot of time reading blogs, beauty websites and watching You Tube videos.  In doing so, I've seen a lot of cult beauty products being recommended again and again.  I wanted to share some of my favourites that I feel deserve all of the exposure they get.



Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre


I love Chanel's translucent powder.  It's extremely finely milled and while it doesn't add to the coverage of my foundation, it does add a beautiful 'halo' effect to the skin.  Granted, I don't use this everyday, I need something a little more mattifying to last a full day in work. However, it is perfect for nights out as it adds a soft luminosity to the skin that translates beautifully in photography. It smells lovely, and feels extremely silky on the skin. If I didn't have oily skin, I would definitely use this everyday, however reserving it for special occasions does make the powder feel more luxurious.

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer


Laura Mercier's foundation primer is unlike any other primer I've used.  It's quite a thin, moisturising formula that, when first applied, feels like it isn't doing a lot. To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed.  However it creates a smooth base and my foundation lasts all day without the need to touch up during the day.  For me, this is unheard of! I have the oil free formula which is perfect for my skin, but there are various other versions including a radiance primer which looks beautiful from photographs I have seen!


Bobbi Brown Corrector


The Bobbi Brown Corrector in Bisque has quickly become one of my most loved products.  Using this on my under eye circles immediately makes me look more awake and well rested.  Bisque is a pink toned corrector and is an extremely creamy formula. I always apply an eye cream about 10/15 minutes before application and place the most product in my inner corner and darkest area before blending out.  You can see before and after photographs here

Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler


The Shu Uemura Lash Curler must be one of the most hyped up products in the beauty world and rightly so.  The design of the curler means that even the smallest of lashes are caught in the guard , and creates the most amazing curl without crimping the lashes.  To fully get the best out of your mascara, you need an eye lash curler, and the Shu Uemura curler is the best I've ever tried.  Read my full review here

Leighton Denny Nail File


Nail files freak me out a little bit, I cringe a little bit whenever I'm filing my nails, and it's worse when someone's doing it for me.  However, because the Leighton Denny file is made of crystal it doesn't drag across the nail and, as described on their website, 'turns nails to dust'.  While this statement makes me shudder a little bit, it does mean that filing is much quicker and also leaves the surface edge of my nails much smoother as opposed to using a traditional nail file.  If you are a little squeamish when filing your nails, this would be perfect for you!

Dior Lip Liner Pencil 513 Linen


For being a cult Dior product, I haven't read very many blogposts about Linen. I was reading an article recently about this pencil (Yep, a whole article!) and it was originally discontinued by Dior in the 90's, causing uproar and panic buying which eventually lead to Dior re-releasing the pencil.  To look at, Linen looks a little intimidating...very dark and very brown.  However, on the lips it translates to a very natural, nude colour that works with a surprising number of lip colours.  It also looks beautiful on it's own, paired with gloss. Linen even makes my thin, non existent lips look BIG. It is an extremely smooth and blendable colour that glides onto the lips. Dior's lip liners are double ended with a lip brush at the other end and also come with a Dior Sharpener.  Next time you're at a counter, ask to see Linen; for a product that looks quite unremarkable, it's very special!

Love Nicola
xx

3 comments:

  1. Haha the corrector is my secret weapon! I would never be without it :)

    I'm interested by dior linen, i just don't feel grown up enough to own it yet!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Laura Mercier primer now! Sounds amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the corrector, I always hear amazing things about it!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!