Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel

Hello :)

I have wanted to try the Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel for such a long time, so jumped at the chance when Pure Spa offered to send me a sample of the mask to try.  Pure Spa offer a range of beauty and spa treatments with locations in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen (I'm thinking about trying one of the rasul treatments!)


The word 'peel' always scared me a little - I had visions of red, sore peeling skin.  However, this mask gently uses papaya and pineapple enzymes to slough away dead skin cells and has a brightening effect; while milk protein, vitamin E and marine algae all help to moisturise and replenish the skin.  I would definitely describe this as more of a mask than a peel.


I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the formula - what I didn't expect was a thick, lightly scented cream. I had imagined more of a gel formula or a grainy texture. I applied this onto my face and waited for about 15 minutes before removing with lukewarm water and a cotton pad.  Whilst on my face, it didn't tighten or harden, and by the time the 15 minutes was up you could barely tell I had applied a mask, however I did get a pleasant cooling sensation the longer the cream was applied.

Once I had removed the mask, my skin was a little pink, however it felt unbelievably smooth and it did look much brighter.  I have a feeling that using this weekly would have a marked effect on my skin tone.  So much so I've bought a full size tube of it!  I'm desperate for something that will even out my skin tone and help with acne scarring, fingers crossed this helps!  I will definitely keep you all updated and write a follow up post.

Pure Spa now have Elemis Christmas gift sets for sale on their website - the Majestic Beauty Collection contains this peel, and Pure Spa offer free delivery! Also if you're in Scotland, you should have a look at their revival package that includes an Infra Red Sauna Detox, a Swedish Massage, an Elemis Booster Facial and Pro-Collagen Eye Treatment all for £55 in the month of October or valid for the next three months if bought as a gift voucher! Sounds exactly what I need to prepare for the oncoming winter!

What Elemis products do you recommend?

Love Nicola
xx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds so lovely! The word peel in beauty products always scares me so much haha

    jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product, yes the idea of a peel scared me too but its far from that.
    Clairemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!