Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

The Perfect Afternoon Tea with Twinings

Afternoon Tea is one of my favourite indulgences (if you live near Glasgow, Blytheswood Square, Cranachan and Cup all get the 'Magic's in the Make Up' Afternoon Tea seal of approval), and to make the most of the last of the summer sunshine, my mum, sister and I wanted to bring our love of Afternoon tea outside.  I was recently sent a selection of teas from Twinings to try, and armed with our boxes of teas and far too many cakes, we set about creating the perfect Afternoon Tea at home.  






In true Carr family style, we skipped over the Sandwiches and doubled up on cakes - my favourite was the Mille-Fieulle but my mum and Gill went straight for the chocolate gateau complete with chocolate profiterole adornment!  We tried three different teas from Twinings: 'Assam' 'English Breakfast' and 'Earl Grey'.  Twining's 'English Breakfast' has been a favourite of mine for such a long time, it's a lovely flavoured tea that's perfect any time of the day (not just breakfast!). It was nice to try 'Assam' as it was a lot stronger and richer compared to 'English Breakfast' and I would definitely choose this when I need an extra boost.  On such a lovely sunny day "Earl Grey' was perfect as we served our tea with slices of lemon - it was really light and refreshing!

I took a day off from 'Operation Disco Pants' today, however if you wanted a healthier Afternoon Tea option, the blueberry muffin recipe I posted about here would be perfect teamed with some of the healthy tea ranges available from Twinings (I love the sound of 'Sleep' and 'Defence').  I've got an Operation Disco Pants post up my sleeve where I've created a complete Afternoon Tea that comes in at under 500 calories (and doesn't leave you feeling short changed!)

What would you include to make your perfect afternoon tea?

Love Nicola
xx

2 comments:

I do love a good comment!