Pages

Sunday 3 January 2010

My Favourite Face Masks

Hello Everyone :)

Taking a long bubble bath whilst wearing a face mask is probably my favourite way to spend a leisurely evening, especially with all this horrid, cold weather lately. I have used so many face masks in the last couple of years and this is a run down of my favourite four...


For me, I need a a number of different masks to hand to fit with my changing mood/skin...

Nutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash/Mask


I think I like this mask so much because of it's practicality. I love a multi purpose product so the fact that it's a wash and a mask is a huge thumbs up for me :D. I normally use this mask when I'm mid break out and I always see quite good results. It's quite a thin mask and because you only have to leave it on for 5 minutes it's one I would normally use in the morning rather than a relaxing, pampering mask.

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask



This is a fairly new discovery but I really like it! Firstly, it smells a bit...odd. I can't quite put my finger on it, I don't think it's unpleasent it's just a tad strange. Again, this is a fairly thin mask that leaves your skin unbelievably clean feeling. It fits well into the cleanse and polish system that I currently use, and I would say I use it once a week as part of my skincare routine.

Lush Cupcake


I have already reviewed Lush cupcake as it's my favourite mask for a pamper session. My other love from Lush is Love Lettuce. It's a lovely exfoliating mask. The only downside of the Lush masks as i've talked about before is their expiry date. Love Lettuce for example is £6.45 and you only get three weeks use out of it. I put up with it because I love them and think they are the perfect masks for some skin tlc however it does mean that I limit myself to only having one Lush mask on the go at a time, which makes me a bit sad :(.

Soap and Glory 'The Fab Pore' Facial Peel


'The Fab Pore' has slowly overtaken Lush to claim the status of my most prized face mask!! Like the Lush masks, this is a bit thicker than the other two which makes it a perfect addition to a pamper session. It also gives immediate results, reducing pores and leaving skin healthy and glowing. I also think it's the nicest smelling mask (apart from cupcake) as it smells lovely and clean. A definite success!


As I said at the beginning of the post, I much prefer to have a number of face masks to hand to cater for my ever changing and tempramental skin. I also think it's quite important to find a product that works for your own individual skin as i've used many masks that just did not work for me on other peoples recommendations.

Happy Pampering
Lots of Love
Nicola
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. hey just found your blog and its amazing hun
    great post btw i was thing about buying the soap & glory one but i didnt in the end arent i stupid lol :)
    Have a look at my blog hun if you will :)

    Eloise xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) Aw thank you that's so lovely!! Next time you're in boots just sneak it in your basket :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I just wanted to say I just stumbled across your blog and its so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went into Lush the other day with my bf to smell the cupcake one, and it smells gorgeous.. but he hates it in there so we went straight out :(

    I put the S&G one on my list for christmas, but my mum got me the hot cloth cleanser instead, silly women :P

    Love the post

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I really want to try the Lush cupcake one! It really is a bummer that they only last for 3 weeks before they expire tho!

    xo Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Brunette Thank you so much!

    @Abbie Ha I know Nick's the same, I just leave him outside now! Boo about the face mask though I really like hot cloth cleansers so yay too!

    @Caitlin Cupcake's so lovely, I def recommend it!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the soap and glory mask, all i'v heard about it is good reviews, definitely going to pick it up when i'm next in boots :) thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @BarbiesGlitter Def give it a go, I really like it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!