Pages

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Illamasqua's Matte Veil and Skin Base Foundation

When people find out I blog about beauty in my spare time, the number one question I get asked is 'can you recommend a good foundation?'.  I feel ya sisters, finding the right foundation can feel like an impossible task.  I wanted to share a base product combination that has really been working for me: Illamasqua's 'Matte Veil' and 'Skin Base' foundation.


Matte Veil (£30) - On their website, Illamasqua say to use 'Matte Veil' before primer and foundation to achieve a long lasting, matte base.  However, I've been using 'Matte Veil' as my primer and it works amazingly well on its own.


'Matte Veil' is unlike anything I've used before. It's very thin in consistency and feels very cool when applied to the skin.  I need the tiniest amount of product to cover my whole face and the miniature spatula really helps dispense the right amount of product as well as helping keep pesky germs at bay. 


What I love most about 'Matte Veil' is how quickly it sinks into the skin.  Unlike other primers I've tried, it feels undetectable on the skin on account of how thin it is.  However, this has no adverse affect on how the primer works.  My foundation lasts a full work day (10hrs+) without needing to touch up which is pretty much unheard of for me! I love how sleek and sturdy the packaging feels - I've chucked into my make up bag when travelling and the product hasn't leaked.

Skin Base Foundation (£32). I've blogged about 'Skin Base' before, however I was previously matched to the wrong colour which really affected how I felt about it. Now, 'Skin Base' is back in my life with the right colour and I love it.  'Skin Base' is a buildable foundation with a satin finish.  It lasts all day on my skin, particularly when I use 'Matte Veil'.  To get the best from 'Skin Base' I apply in very thin layers which helps it sit beautifully on my combination skin without ever looking heavy or cakey.  The one big drawback I've found is the products tendency to cling to any dry patches.  Using   a primer definitely helps with this but should be taken into consideration if you have a drier skin type.


As someone who comes from a history of full coverage foundation, 'Skin Base' is a nice break from the norm.  It provides just enough long lasting, natural looking coverage to make me feel comfortable



Have you tried either of these products? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Love Nic
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love a good comment!