Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Finding my Beauty Style in 2012

When I originally started typing this post, I had planned to take a look back at 2012 on Magic's in the Make Up.  However, looking back through my old blog posts I realised that 2012 was the year I really found my 'beauty style'.  In previous years, I had experimented with bright eyeshadows (I envy people who can make pink and yellow eyeshadow work together) or different hairstyles.  While this was always fun, it never really felt like 'me'.  However, looking at the photographs below I feel that 2012 was the year I discovered what I've always wanted my style to be.  



I found some really amazing skin care products that have dramatically improved my skin (Read about them here and here).  I changed my make up style to vary between a bright or dark lip with neutral eye make up or a darker eye with a nude lip. I realised that nude lipsticks with a slight brown tone are my absolute favourite and shared my favourite here.   I found some amazing new foundations that included Laura Mercier's Silk Creme and Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua.  I also tried some new haircare products - my favourite being Ojon's Volume Advance range and Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy.

I can't wait to blog my way through 2013, and I'm just as excited to keep reading all of your blogs in the coming year! I wouldn't of made half of these beauty discoveries if it weren't for all of you so thank you!!

Happy New Year Dolls!
Nicola
xxx

P.S I just wanted to say a quick thank you and hello to a wonderful new blogger friend of mine Tia who writes Sew Cal Mama.  We were paired in a blogger ornament swap this Christmas and it has been really lovely getting to know Tia and her beautiful family.  Her blog is lovely - it's full of beautiful photographs, amazing craft and DIY ideas and snippets of her life!!


5 comments:

  1. Nicola! You are such a doll! I have had such a great time getting to know you and learning about your life and traditions! Thanks for the shout-out :) I really appreciate your kindness!
    Talk to you soon.
    XO,
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Looking forward to hearing all about your Christmas and New Year xx

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely stunning hun and it's fab that you've feel like yourself in the beauty department! Happy new year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning :D you have such pretty eyes :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!