Pages

Thursday 17 February 2011

Happy New Make Up Day


Hey Dolls :)

Leading on from my last post, the flip side to that is when you get new make up that lives up to your expectations - that indeed is a happy new make up day! That happened yesterday when I received my mini swap package from Tiffany. I had offered to pick Tiffany up a bourjois bronzer that she couldn't get in the U.S and in return Tiffany sent me another of the N.Y.C blushable creme sticks, this time in Berry New Yorker.

Out of the three of these I've tried, I think this shade may be my favorite. It's a bit different to my typical fail safe pink blush - on my skin tone it comes out as a light bronze (so not very berry-like but still lovely). On application, I've found the easiest and most natural way is to apply quite a heavy amount on the back of my hand and then using a duo fibre brush (I use M.A.C's 187) I swirl the brush on the apple of my cheek. Even though it is a cream product, the blush doesn't drag or streak - I really love them!

Tiffany also included a really pretty cover girl lipstick in 395 darling Cherie

In the bullet, the lipstick looks like a pretty light pink however on the lips it translates a little darker - colour wise it reminds me of a darker Angel by M.A.C. The formula is lovely, it has a lovely sheen that actually stays on the lips for quite a long time and also feels quite moisturising to use.

I immediately used both products yesterday morning to work, here's how they both looked on.


Both such pretty products! Again thank you so much Tiffany!! If you haven't read Tiffany's blog Will Work for Make Up you need to - I genuinely trust Tiffany's opinion on products so much plus she is a beautiful and genuinely lovely person!

Lots of Love
Nicola
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love that lipstick. Looks quite dark but so natural and lovely on your lips. I want! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the lipstick! U look really pretty in it..

    ReplyDelete

  3. nawh you look purrdy!
    I'd love to be able to use cream blushes, but due to my oily skin me can't :(
    I love Tiffany's blog tooooo
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those blushes! I got a couple when I went to vegas last year. NYC NEED to bring them over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try one of those blush creme sticks, they look so nice!
    Definately on my America wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad you like them :) I thought the same thing when I picked up the blush for you...it doesn't look berry-like at all but I'm glad you like it! They both look lovely on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blush looks lovely on you! NYC need to bring them out over here xx

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!