Pages

Sunday 7 March 2010

Blush Loving!

Hello Everyone :)

Blushes are probably my biggest make up vice, I can't get enough of them! I do sometimes wonder how many pink blushes I need however that thought normally gets pushed to the back of my mind as soon as I see new swatches and FOTDs with beautiful cheeks! I'm going to show you all my favorite blush products of the moment (i'm very fickle ha ha)...I originally picked out eight but thought this was a tad excessive so narrowed it down to five. In the photographs I only have some powder on and a slick of liquid liner...I do apologise but it's a Sunday!

Nars Orgasm


Orgasm is a beautiful pink-peach...it does have a gold shimmer running through it but I don't think it gives you 'shiny cheek syndrome'. Personally on me, it looks best on my natural fair skin rather than when I wear tan and is prefect for during the day. I really want to try the cream version, has anyone else tried NARS cream blushes?

Illamasqua Laid



This is a cream formula and honestly it does not budge. The first time I swatched it on my hand it wouldn't come off, even after washing with soap and water. Laid is lovely and creamy making it really easy to blend. It's extrememly pigmented so a little goes a long way and is definitely in my collection of blushes I use for nights out as it's such a strong, vibrant colour. It looks a bit harsh in this photo as I am pretty much make up free but with a full face of make and + some tan it's really pretty so defintely one for darker skin tones (See my FOTD here to see it in action).

Illamasqua Nymph



This is another blush that suits my fair skin more than when I have a tan. It's a really light baby pink, however it's so pigmented that when i've worn it with a tan it looks a bit funny...if you look back at my christmas night out post, you'll see what I mean! It's a beautiful matte pink that again is really soft and blendable. The only thing I have noticed about Illamasqua powder blushes is that you lose a lot of product as they're quite powdery however this doesn't bother me too much as they are BIG!

MAC Well Dressed



Well dressed was the first ever MAC blush I bought and I go through phases where I pick it up and the put it back down. It's a lovely cool, light pink...and that's my one criticism it's very light! It takes a good few swirls in the pan to get this level of pigmentation. However, I do think it's worth it for the pretty, girly colour it gives...another blush perfect for every day!

MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre


This is a newbie from the new spring forecast collection and honestly it's BEAUTIFUL! It's fresh, light and perfect for all the spring like weather that's here! In the pan I love the graduation of colour and I love how you can actually see that on my cheek...I swirl my brush sideways whilst moving down the pan which transfers the graduation onto the cheek. I'm officially in love!

I'm always on the lookout for pretty new blushes...let me know some of your favorites in a comment and i'll definitely have a look at them :D

Lots of Love
Nicola
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Ahh so pretty! I wish i had your blush collection lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mac peach looks so gorge, I want it so much now after reading this, great post!
    (: x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate you and your ripe peach =(
    (i dont really, im just incredibly jealous!)

    all look lovely on you, but i think ripe peach is the best, looks gorge with your bare skin look =D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ripe Peach is so gorgeous - I'm not surprised that it's already sold out! :(
    I really like Mac Mineralize blushes, Dainty is my favourite but the whole range is so pretty that I want them all! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love 'Nars Orgasm' it has a really nice orangy glow to it :) lovely ! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ripe peach one looks lush on you Nic!
    So gutted they sold out :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post :) Nars orgasm really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all!!! I think ripe peach and Orgasm are the winners! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Illamasqua's cream blushes are the best I tried so far. Mac one's are so tacky to use in comparison. Love the pink very girly colour!

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!