A couple of years ago, I challenged myself to wear a different coloured lipstick each day for a week and blog about it daily (more challenging than it sounds while working full time in winter!). Starting from today, I've decided to redo this challenge - it always helps free me from a make up rut! The shades I've chosen are:
1) Dark plum: Topshop 'Beguiled'
2) Nude - Chanel 'Boy'
3) Pink - M.A.C Girl About Town
4) Baby Pink - Rouge Volupte Perle 'Celestial Mauve'
5) Purple - Maybelline Colorsensational 'Hot Plum'
6) Coral - M.A.C 'Toxic Tale'
7) Red - Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecsatasy '400'.
I decided to go head first into the challenge and choose the most daring shade: Topshop's 'Beguiled'.
'Beguiled' is a beautifully dark, red-toned plum that dries down to a satin finish. Unfortunately, it does tend to emphasise any imperfections on the lips but a little lip prep before applying definitely helps. Because the formula is fairly dry, it is however extremely long lasting on the lips and typical of this type of shade, leaves a pretty plum stain on the lips during the day.
What are your thoughts on 'Beguiled' - have you worn a similar dark shade this winter?