Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Blog Throwback: Glitter

I've been feeling extremely nostalgic recently, leading me to read back through my old blog posts.  Unlike a lot of other people I've spoken to, I don't get embarrassed by my old posts; yes my photography skills were shocking and most of the time it looked like a child had painted my face, but I started writing 'Magic's in the Make Up' when I was 20 and I'm now 25.  Instead of feeling embarrassed, it's been a perfect way of documenting how much I've changed over the last five years. 

However, looking back at the last couple of years made me realise how much fun colour could be!  Apart from the occasional bright lipstick, I haven't worn colour in such a long time and definitely haven't used glitter. So, on a recent night out I decided to recreate one of my blog posts and make it fit to my current make up tastes.  I decided to recreate the make up from this post, using two Topshop glitter pots.




Not quite as orange and shiny as my original post, I didn't apply the glitter as opaquely (and Clubland Classics has been swapped for One Direction - my taste in music has not improved).  I followed my original post and applied the dusky pink shade 'Gilt' to two thirds of my lid before applying the darker glitter 'Lagoon' in the outer corner.  As I knew I wasn't going to be applying the glitter as opaquely, I applied eye shadow underneath the glitter (Urban Decay's Sphynx, Ecstasy and AC/DC) and used Two Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue to make sure the glitter stayed in place all day.

What do you think?  I might go back and do this with a few different posts - I'm intrigued how I could make yellow eye shadow more wearable! 

Lots of Love
Nic xx




2 comments:

  1. I love the glittery eyes. I do find it strange looking back over old blog posts - my photography has definitely improved too although my make-up is so much less varied these days as I started my blog when I was a student and could get away with bright make-up on a daily basis! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same!! Working full time has definitely influenced my make up, however I still try and sneak in a cheeky bright lip stick from time to time! x

      Delete

I do love a good comment!