Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation

During the week, I leave the house at ten to seven in the morning and often don't get home until late in the evening.  I have quite oily skin and have always struggled to find a foundation that provides good coverage and lasts all day.  M.A.C 'Studio Fix Fluid' oxidised horribly on my skin, Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' was too heavy and Vichy 'Dermablend' went patchy by the end of the day.  And then, I was given a sample of Shiseido's 'Sun Protection Liquid Foundation'.  After using the sample for a couple of days, I had to buy the full size version.


I was quite surprised by the foundations formulation.  It's extremely fluid, quite similar to Chanel's 'Vita Lumiere Aqua', and it must be shaken before application (it's important to note that the Shiseido and Chanel foundation, although similar in formulation, have very different finishes).  I expected the coverage to be quite light, however I would describe it as a medium coverage that can easily be built up to full.  


When applied, the foundation leaves a soft matte finish to the skin and I've found, when used with a primer (both the Laura Mercier and Kevyn Aucoin primers work wonderfully), this matte finish lasts all day.  Never has a foundation lasted so well on my skin.  As you can see above, the foundation comes with a sponge. However, even when dampened, I find that the sponge absorbs too much of the product.  Instead, I like to use the Real Techniques buffing brush for a more flawless finish or to achieve a more natural look, the foundation applies well with my fingers.


The foundation contains SPF 30 and protects against both UVA and UVB rays.  It is transfer resistant and water resistant, making it a perfect foundation for summer.  The foundation blends easily into the skin and feels extremely comfortable to wear.  

Unfortunately, the foundation has quite a limited shade range (for reference I wear SP50).  I don't think this formula would be the best for people with a drier skin - I imagine it could cling to, and emphasise dry patches - it may be best to try a sample first.  I got my sample from the Glasgow Shiseido counter in Fraser's by taking in a sample pot (If you live in or near Glasgow the staff at the counter are absolutely lovely and were so informative about their products!)


In the photo above I am wearing the foundation over the Laura Mercier foundation primer with a dusting of translucent powder on top.  As you can see, it provides good coverage and my skin tone appears brightened and smooth.

What are your long wearing foundation recommendations? 

Lots of Love
Nic xx

3 comments:

  1. This sounds fab! I'm the same as you and work long hours, I don't have time to touch up my foundation! Might have to try a sample of this if I get my hands on it! :-) xx

    Gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a perfect work day foundation Katy! Hope you manage to find a sample! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello
    I am writing blogger
    I want to follow you
    If you would like to follow me

    this is my blog

    http://makyajbulvari.blogspot.com/

    This is the YouTube channel

    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAdNcDuJcTxK5vYNTGRyJkA

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!