Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Collection

I was excited when I heard that Real Techniques were releasing a limited edition duo-fibre collection.   I've loved duo-fibre brushes ever since my first dalliance with my M.A.C 187 as they provide precise but light application.





Duo Fibre Face Brush



While the face brush seems aimed at face powder application, I absolutely love it to apply bronzer.  The brush deposits such a fine amount of product to the face that looks natural but sunkissed.  As I have quite oily skin, I prefer to use a brush that buffs face powder into my skin. However, if you have a normal skin type, I can imagine this brush would be perfect for applying a light dusting of powder where needed.

Duo-Fibre Contour Brush



While the duo-fibre contour brush is perfectly shaped to be used for contouring work (it's quite a flat brush that fits perfectly into the contours of the face), I've found that it amazing for highlighting.  It deposits the perfect amount of product to the tops of my cheekbones down to its shape.  The brush is quite narrow with the bristles fanning out at the tip, meaning colour is dispersed evenly and lightly.  It's perfect to use with quite pigmented highlighters such as Smashbox Soft Lights in Shimmer as it diffuses the pigment lightly onto the cheek.

Duo-Fibre Eye Brush



The shape and density of the eye brush makes it perfect for blending.  It fits into the crease of the eye well, tapering out at the tip, helping it blend out any harsh lines easily.  It may not be the densest blending brush I have, however this gives the brush a degree of flexibility, making blending easy.  The duo-fibre brush is also perfect for applying cream products to the eye. It works amazingly well with the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo shadows that I have been addicted to lately.  I can use this one brush for application and blending - perfect for early morning work make up!


I've included a picture of the three brushes side by side to give you idea of their size.  All three brushes are quite flat and very soft.  While the collection may not be a necessity, for a make up lover they provide a lot of different uses which I really like.   All three brushes work particularly well with cream products which make them perfect for the summer months.  The duo-fibre collection is available to buy from Boots priced at £23.99.

Lots of Love
Nicola
xx    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love a good comment!