Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

Ojon Volume Advance Hair Care

Hey Dolls,

For the last couple of months, Ojon has been a brand I've been really interested in trying.  You should all know that I love big voluminous hair and so, when I was offered the chance to choose a  range of Ojon products I without thinking chose the Volume Advance range.


Ojon is a high end hair care brand that gets its name from the oil on which all Ojon products are based.  You can read exactly how the oil is hand harvested on the Ojon website - I loved reading the story of how the brand came to be and was fascinated in finding out just how much work goes into harvesting the Ojon elixir!

Volume Advance Shampoo and Conditioner


Ojon's Volume advance shampoo and Conditioner aim to seal the hair's cuticle and give fine hair the nutrients it needs for full, shiny, bouncy hair.  Both the shampoo and conditioner contain Ojon oil and Peruvian Amaranth which help make hair stronger and fuller.  The Volume Advance Shampoo is extrememly clarifying, removing any build up that weighs hair down.  The conditioner is quite thick and I was a little worried that it was too thick to be used as a daily conditioner however it doesn't seem to weigh my hair down at all.  Along with Ojon oil and Peruvian Amaranth, the conditioner also contains lemongrass extract and Wheat extract which help to moisturise your hair while also creating volume.



As I have said over and over again, volumising products are not always the best for your hair as they can be quite drying.  Even with my oily hair, on occasion after using the shampoo my hair felt a little dry, however with the conditioner being so thick and moisturising this hasn't been a problem.  Together they have left my hair feeling fuller but also healthy and shiny.  However, for people with quite dry hair the Volume Advance range may be a good option for special occasions and nights out when you want some extra lift rather than an everyday shampoo and conditioner.  Personally the one thing I would change is the packaging - it's made of quite tough plastic and at times can be quite difficult to get the product out - often in the morning I have to remove the cap to squeeze the product out however this is just a small niggle, otherwise I'm really happy!


Volume Advance Volumising Styling Spray


More than anything, volumising styling sprays are my favourite type of hair products.  The Ojon volumising styling spray for me, is everything I wanted Backcomb in a Bottle to be but wasn't.  I use this as a finishing spray after I have styled my hair and it gives serious hold and a serious amount of volume. 


The nozzle distributes a fine mist of product that doesn't weigh down my hair and doesn't feel sticky or knotted to the touch.  This has been a brilliant alternative to my beloved Dust It as it isn't as drying and there is less chance of being left with the dreaded 'candy floss' hair. Also if you find you have used a little too much product it is easily combed out. I definitely recommend it if you feel your hair needs a much needed boost!

I am now really interested in trying other Ojon products, in particular the Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment.  Have you tried any Ojon products or are you interested in trying them? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Love Nicola
xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love a good comment!