Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Gold!

Hey Dolls :)

When pushed, I would probably say cheek products are my favourite (shhhh don't tell my lipsticks) and lately, I definitely have been favouring a gold highlight.


This all started with my grad ball when I wore amber diamond with their original tan in 002 honey. Ever since, I've been raiding my make up drawers trying different gold toned cheek products. Here's a little overview of some of my favourite gold higlight products.

1. Illamasqua's Glint

Although I may not have blogged about illamasqua's bronzing duo in glint/burninsh in a while, it still remains one of my favourites. Despite much of my attention previously being directed toward the darker side, burnish (which is also very pretty though is a little more red/brown toned) I have recently found a new appreciation for Glint. It is a little lighter and is more golden which looks beautiful on the cheekbones with tanned skin. The pigmentaton is not as good as burnish however, in a way, this works in its favour as it creates a really subtle, but pretty, highlight.

2. Prestige Mineral Bronizing Powder in 02 Glam Tan


How amazing does this look in the pan? Similarly to glint, glam tan is marketed as a bronzer, however I could never imagine using this as I do my regular bronzers. As you can see, there is a beautiful gold veining that runs throughout the powder, which really does catch the light. The pigmentation is amazing, especially for the price, so a light hand is definitely needed. When wearing glam tan, I tend not to wear anything else on my cheek, it has enough dimension to work on its own.

3. Dior Amber Diamond


As I mentioned, Amber diamond used over dior's honey tan bronzer is my number one cheek combination of the moment. I tend to swirl all the colours together on my brush and apply it to my cheekbone which I can always depend on to brighten up my face when I feel a little run down and blahhh.

4. M.A.C Cream Colour Base in Pearl

I constantly recommend pearl to people who ask me about a cream highlight. The colour itself is absolutely beautiful, a golden pearl, meaning the product is completely free from any glitter. Out of those listed so far, pearl is probably the most natural and is one I choose when I don't want to wear a lot of make up but still want my face to appear a little brighter and more awake. As long as I tap the product onto my cheek I can apply it after my blush - just make sure not to drag or you will get a streaky cheek!

5. St Tropez Skin Illuminator in Gold

This is a little different to those previously mentioned. I use this all over my face before foundation which gives such a pretty luminosity to my face make up. Again it's much more natural than the first three which makes it perfect for work during the week. As you can see, the illuminator comes out of the tube a white cream until blended. If you like a more luminous but natural finish to your make up I can't recommend this highly enough.

Lots of Love
Nicola
xx

11 comments:

  1. I have the CCB in Hush and I absolutely love it! I should get Pearl or Shell too, they're definitely worth having in multiple colours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lusting so badly over Amber Diamond but fear I am too pale. :( the prestige one is gorgeous also.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The St Tropez Illuminator looks AMAZING! I need to find that now,if you don't mind me asking where did you buy it and how much? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED Amber Diamond, I've heard so many good things about it and it looks gorgeous! The Prestige one looks pretty too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh Dior amber looks pretty! I used to wear Mac pearl, but its been so long since i've wore it on my face, i think i need to do a revisit :( great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Dior Amber Dimond. I dont think I will ever be able to live with out this now!

    Emma x.x.x

    emmadazzle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, the dior one looks divine, looks so rich in colour. I'm going to check it out next time i am out shopping. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want the Dior! I like the Prestige one for nights out but lately I've been using the accessorize bronzer more which is similar to the Prestige one I think but not as shimmery so I find it easier to use xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caitlin - I got mine for boots for around £12 (sorry it took me so long to answer!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the Mac Cream Colour Base...can't believe I haven't tried them yet xxx

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!