Pages

Sunday 30 December 2012

Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers

I have wanted to try the Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers for such a long time but they were always something I could never justify buying for myself.  However they made a perfect addition to my Christmas list and I was over the moon when I found them under my tree on Christmas morning! I have used them everyday since and I am in love with the style they give my hair!


The rollers come in two sizes - the large rollers I use around the crown of my head to create bounce and volume, and the smaller size I use through the lengths of my hair and give a tighter curl.  There are ten of each size, more than enough to use on my length of hair.  The rollers heat up extremely quickly - within about 30 seconds however I tend to let them heat up for about two minutes and then turn them off.  If you leave the base unit on while putting the rollers in, some will be much hotter than others creating a different curl - plus they begin to burn your hands a little!

The clips hold the rollers in place securely and also have plates that help conduct heat throughout the length of the hair.  How long I leave the rollers in tends to vary on what I'm doing that day.  If I'm getting ready for a night out, I try and leave them in as long as possible to get the most volume and longevity from the curl.  However, if I'm using them during the day I tend to put the rollers in, do my make up and then take them out (around 20 minutes).  I'm not particularly neat with the placement and I still can't seem to get them really tight to my head the way hairdressers can, any tips would be much appreciated!

At times, just as I've removed the rollers my hair can look a little scary as the curls are quite tight - think Shirley Temple.  All I do is tip my head upside down and shake the curls out a little and then backcomb around the crown of my head.  One thing I have found is that my hair seems to get a little fluffy after using them - nothing a little serum can't fix (my favourite is Tigi's S Factor, it smells like Calpol!).


What do you think? Have you ever used heated rollers before?

Love Nic
xx

7 comments:

  1. I've got these and I love them, easy to use and low effort for glam hair with loads of volume. Might haveto try the Tigi stuff out if it smells like Calpol too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me it smells like Calpol definitely!! I think it's supposed to smell like strawberries? It's amazing though - it has tiny little shimmer particles in it that make your hair so shiny!!! I swear by it now!

      Delete
  2. I want those heated rollers so bad they look amazing. Love your jumper. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they might still be on sale in Argos! And thank you! It's from New Look and only got it last week so should hopefully still be in store! x

      Delete
  3. I would love to own these!
    Also to get them close to your scalp section on a piece the same size a the roller, hold the hair at a 90 degree angle with a tight tension and keep the tension when rolling the hair up. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, thank you! Will definitely try this tomorrow x

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, love your jumper too, I'm obsessed with anything and everything studs :)

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!