Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey

Hey Dolls,

I had put off buying any of Revlon's kissable balm stains as I had previously tried the original Just Bitten stains and absolutely hated the formula.  However, on a casual mooch around Boots on my lunch break, I decided to swatch a few and fell in love with Honey.


Honey is a lovely dusty rose shade that applies smoothly onto my lips, initially leaving a slight glossy finish before settling into a more matte, stain finish.  Reading other reviews of this stain shows that it seems to look completely different on different people. On me for instance, Honey's brown/mauve tones  predominantly show through, where as on others it translates as variations of pink, mauve and brown (Have a look through google images to see what I mean!)


It has a slightly minty smell however this disappears quickly when applied and the formula is quite moisturising. I love the packaging of the balm stains, while they look like a pencil, the packaging is actually plastic and twists at the bottom to dispense more product, no need for messy sharpeners!



Have you tried any of the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains? Which are your favourite shades?

Love Nicola
xx

6 comments:

  1. soft color, i like it.
    x

    http://makeupbynora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft is a great way to describe it! I've found it perfect to wear to work x

      Delete
  2. I have one of these in the orangey color. I love the color payoff, but I dislike the formula of these!
    The color of this one looks pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I swatched the orange shade - it was lovely! Out of curiosity, what do you not like about the formula? x

      Delete
  3. Honey looks nice on me when I first apply but unfortunately it fades to a bright pink :/ it looks great on you ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read lots of reviews saying this! It seems to be a bit of an odd shade that works for some people and not so well on others! xx

      Delete

I do love a good comment!