Pages

Saturday 26 June 2010

Review: St Tropez Bronzing Mousse

Hey Dolls :)

I've been using the St Tropez Bronzing Mousse on and off for the last couple of months and I just can't make up my mind about it...


Application

The mousse applies quite easily - it has a slight tint to the formula meaning you can spot any possible streaks. However, it's quite fluid and you have to work rather quickly to get an even coverage so I find it's easiest to just work in small areas. It also dries quite quickly, cutting out any awkward walking about naked with arms outstretched shenanigans. Another thing I should note is that it smells quite nice - soapy.

Development

For my perfect tanned colour, I probably have to use St Tropez 2-3 times in a row overnight which I was actually a little disappointed in. I am pale - mamma Carr used to call me milk bottle (boo) and being honest I was used to L'oreal Sublime perfecting my colour in one night. However, on a huge positive there was no horrid fake tan smell the next morning and barely any transfer onto my sheets.

Colour

St Tropez claims to give you a 'perfectly golden, natural looking tan'. I think this is where I am properly undecided...

The observant amongst you will notice this is pinched from a previous FOTD, I am a lazy blogger - I do apologise :D

To me that doesn't look very golden. Or very natural. I think there is a serious risk of being on the slightly orange-y side.

Removal

Urgh. It won't come OFF! Every time I have used it I exfoliate my socks off and it doesn't budge, instead going horrible and patchy. It most definitely does not fade nicely. Also here I should point out that there is a patch of skin on my neck that gets really irritated and itchy - right above my collar bone, how odd!

After all of this, I still don't hate it. I just can't make up my mind, have any of you tried the mousse, and if so what are your thoughts?

Lots of Love
Nic
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...I've wanted to try this for such a long time now but orange does not sound good to me. I'm also not a fan of self-tanners that start looking patchy rather than fading :( Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I've been thinking of trying St Tropez for a while as I'm always hearing so much about it...it's a shame it is a little orange but I like how it has no "fake tan" smell...you can never tell when you're buying a tanner whether it'll have that smell when it develops or not! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany - honestly I can't get the pactches off on the outside of my arm!

    Lily - It's an odd one there are some great positives and some really bad negatives!

    XX

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!